SAFE ENVIRONMENT Renewals:
- We will have classes periodically for renewals. (To be announced)
- Required every year
If you can’t make it to class:
- Visit website: http://dallas.setanet.org/
Go to: “My Obligations”
Enter and update your information
Watch one video, and pass a quiz with a score of 70% or better
SAFE ENVIRONMENT PROCEDURES for New Volunteers:
To meet the safety environment requirements of the diocese, there are several steps to COMPLETE:
- Fill out this online screening form and turn in the release form: https://dallas.setanet.org/screening.php
- For Ministry Info, please choose “Volunteer”
- For Location, please choose “Mother of Perpetual Help Parish — Garland”
Be careful, “Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish — Dallas” This is NOT us!
- For Position, please choose “Volunteer”
- For Title, please type in “Thanh Nien”
- Since you do not have safety environment records anywhere, please choose the option “I am not a registered member of any location.”
- References: Provide 3 non-family persons you know for more than 3 years. The church will call to verify, so please have correct phone # and inform your references.
- Please read and acknowledge that you read the policy documents below upon completing the screening form.
- Read the Safe Environment Program.
- Read the Read Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Read the Social Media Policy.
- Interview: Interviews will be available on training days or per request.
- Attend an Initial Training “Family of Faith” at ONE of the Locations/Times below:
- Location: Trung Tâm Thánh An Phong/ Alphonsus Building
Date and Time: Classes(TBA) To Be Announced
- Schedule class with our Safety team.
- You can take the “Family of Faith” class at any parish in the diocese.
Click on this link to get more info: http://dallas.setanet.org/classes.php
When you attend there, ask for a certificate to prove that you have taken the class.
Bring the certificate back to our church and give it to Chị Chi in our KGD office.
- When you are safety-environment cleared, you can wear a Picture Badge when you are teaching/serving the church and youth.
Please complete ALL steps before September of each year if possible.
Every year, you are REQUIRED to attend one Safety Environment Training.
Contact Information: Mother of Perpetual Help Parish — Garland Safety Environment Team
Chị Chi Ngô
Chị Thanh Nga
- After reading the Safe Environment Program, Sexual Misconduct Policy, and Social Media Policy documents provided in links above, acknowledge the policies when filling out online screening form.
- Sign to acknowledge the policies if requested by Safety team.